Saturday, April 11, 2009

To eat or not to eat

There's a box of donuts on my dining room table.

Although I tell my family time and time again the possibility of the donuts being fried in lard they never listen to me.

But I'm tempted.


There's glazed and sprinkled and chocolate-covered, oh my.

I'm restraining myself, seriously, but I need to know...

Do these heaven treats contain lard or not?

Although you can't be of any help seeing as how this isn't a brand name store my parents go to, it ain't Dunkin' Donuts, it's some indian guys' shop downtown.

By the way... I already took a bite.


I'm probably going to go take another one while I wait for a sign.

7 comments:

Candice said...

I agree that you never know, but I would think that it's vegetable oil. Wouldn't flavour the donuts like lard would.

Mona Zenhom said...

Call up the store and ask what they fry their donuts in!

ModestJustice said...

Thank you for the advice,
for now I've satisfied my sweet tooth with a bagel and cream cheese.

Mona, the box doesn't have their number on it, but next time I'll accompany my parents to the store and ask what they use!!

This mystery shall be solved so muslims everywhere can EAT THEIR DONUTS! Or at least in the 408 area..

Lazeena Umm Yusuf said...

I'm sure if you go to DD's website they should have a listing of locations and you can find the number. From what I know, around my parts they don't use lard

Brishti said...

Omg they look good. And haha i love your response to the random question on your profile =D

ModestJustice said...

Lazeena: I sure hope they don't, but it's not dunkin donuts, it's some random indian guys shop :DDD

BengaliMuslimah: Don't they?! This is why I can't resist, except they don't look exactly like that ... but haha I'm glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

I know Krispy Kreme's are safe. :)

Funeral,Birthday, and Wedding Announcements

Mission: ♥

-blows kisses to followers- Thank you for making me feel special and that my blog actually means something. Each and everyone of you has made a difference by keeping this blog alive.




My Blog List

 

Modest Justice | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates