Sunday, December 13, 2009

A perfect Saturday night (lil' misty eyed)

December 12th, 2009

Tonight, I attended my school play.
(Sidenote: I wore the fascinator I won from Alysha over at V.I. Couture and have Pics to prove it muwahahaha!)


This year it was The Laramie Project (please withhold negative commentary)

I'm in Drama at my school (can't draw, don't feel like playing piano, I regret not doing choir, sooo theater it is!) so we had watched the movie adaption months ago.

The movie moved me beyond measure, so what else did I expect from the play? It included my own peers.

I was blown away.

It was so heart-breaking and inspiring at the same time. I even wrote a review for my English class (granted I could earn extra credit for that AND my drama class but still, I tried.)

Hate crimes do affect everyone; it doesn't matter what you are but who you are as an individual that counts.

RIP Matthew Shepard.

(My friend totally could've played Zubaida Ula- hijabi character in the play!)

[I would extemporize more on this issue but enough said, I'm trying to be light-hearted at the moment... even if I nearly cried near the end of the play)

8 comments:

My life my story said...

''''Hate crimes do affect everyone; it doesn't matter to what lifestyle you subscribe to but who you are as an individual that counts.''''

This is sooo true! thank you for a great post :)

Sabina E. said...

that was a good play, but I've never seen the film.

I have to disagree with your choice of wording. Being gay isn't a lifestyle (or choice). It's just how some people were born.

ModestJustice said...

Cecilia: Thank You for reading! :D

DIMA: Mind if I shortened your username? Thank you for pointing that out to me, I disagree with my choice of wording too.

Hijabis On Ranting Tour. said...

Awww i miss drama :(

A'qilah

Anonymous said...

Do you get teary eyed at sad movies? I do! LOL we shall cry together. :]

Mama Fury said...

Assalamu Alaikum sister.
I found your blog through Tabzy's. I think you're brilliant! Awesome writing and very interesting themes throughout.

Totally agree with your thoughts on hate crimes. It's a disgusting act that innocent humans have suffered and continue to every day.

I'll be reading your blog heaps! x

Malekat_el7oriya said...

i loved thhis post modest justice you're absolutley brilliant <3
*on a sidenote however i wanted to ask you how you wore the hijab in the picture i love it! and the earring look minus the ears is awesome...so how did you do it?

ModestJustice said...

A'qilah: Yeah it is quite fun after I get over the stage fright :D

Gettinghijabi: YES! You bring the movies, I'll bring the boxes of tissues :D

Stono Caves: Wa alaikum salam!
Thank you heh; I think my viewpoints and thoughts have dramatically changed from when I first began the blog :D It's been like a journey for me so if you see something contradictory in a past post.. er, I still have years to learn insha'Allah! (By the way, I think your music is amazing, I nearly pissed myself in excitement when I heard 'Dew'! Please keep up the work xD) I'm a follower on your blog because it's amazing :]

Malekat: <3 Aww thanks :D
http://sliceoflemon.com/2009/03/30/the-closet-hijab-with-earrings-yup-its-a-how-to/
GO WILD. I love Sabrina's video on how she explained and I think her hijab style is fantabulous.
Imma make a post on it right now because I planned to a LONG time ago >.>

Funeral,Birthday, and Wedding Announcements

Mission: ♥

-blows kisses to followers- Thank you for making me feel special and that my blog actually means something. Each and everyone of you has made a difference by keeping this blog alive.




My Blog List

 

Modest Justice | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates