Saturday, December 27, 2008

Do you think it was justified?



"My son is gone, my son is gone," wailed Said Masri, a 57-year-old shopkeeper, as he sat in the middle of a Gaza City street, slapping his face and covering his head with dust from a bombed-out security compound nearby.

Informed by my fellow sister's blogs, what I feared most has happened.
Only yesterday on Yahoo Canada was Olmert warning "Hamas" or else they'd take dire action. But what do they plan on achieving? Hamas may have been formed over the crappy conditions they are faced with now, but bombing people on both sides IS NOT going to help any situation. Looking at the 'situation' in Israel and why the UN has not done anything in the past, besides promising to form a country for Palestine (I don't hear the bells of Independence yet)in 1947. "Following the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the 1949 Armistice Agreements between Israel and neighboring Arab states eliminated Palestine as a distinct territory. With the establishment of Israel, the remaining lands were divided amongst Egypt, Syria and Jordan. The Arab governments at this point refused to set up a State of Palestine." Taken from Palestine on Wikipedia (not the most reliable source but it has it's pros)One can only make du'a for those suffering in Palestine and around the world as we see our Ummah torn apart.
But what can we do? As we sit down to another meal with the rest of our family, Insha'allah, knowing that we're safe, we must think that those in Palestine are looking through the rubble for the remains of their children. Or mourning the lose of a family member. One can never be sure when our time will come, but I think is it justified? No, but even as I write this I seem oblivious to what we should all really be making du'a about.

Free the Ummah is what we should be shouting in the streets and chanting about. The Ummah which is being stifled and oppressed in all nations even those which are "Muslim". Nationalism should never be greater than the perfected religion, Allah swt has given us.
Allah, The Most Exalted, says in His Holy book: O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah with the care which is due to Him, and do not die unless you are Muslims.

And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided. Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.

Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty(3: 103-105)


Something to think about, although I'm aware I rambled for this entire post >.>;
I had to say what I felt.

UPDATE: More terror, more bloodshed
GAZA CITY — Ali Abu-Fatahi will never forget the terrifying sound of a missile fired by an Israeli warplane as it zoomed in on his house.
"All my family members were hit."

And yet it continues, sisters. I can't help but feel sorrow that it continues and everyone calls it "self-defense" on Israels part but it is a travesty that the new reports mourn the one Israeli life lost (Although it is still a life subhan'allah)yet fail to wrap their minds around the 300 and growing death toll on the Gaza strip. And my local news station actually has the Gaza as the "News of the Night", one small victory I guess [/sarcasm]

On Tuesday at San Francisco, there's going to be a protest and how did I find out? By text how ironic for a teenager, but anyway, I doubt my parental unit, who fears that someone might attack us, is going to allow me to attend although I really want to go. How else can I do my little part when the only other option is whining here on my blog v_v
Insha'allah I may be able to attend


May Allah swt give strength to those oppressed and give a voice to those who are mute in their struggle.
Amin

-Modest Justice

No comments:

Funeral,Birthday, and Wedding Announcements

Mission: ♥

-blows kisses to followers- Thank you for making me feel special and that my blog actually means something. Each and everyone of you has made a difference by keeping this blog alive.




My Blog List

 

Modest Justice | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates